Pacific World launches experience programmeBy Staff Reporter
17 May 2017
Pacific World this week announced a new line-up of immersive experiences and events. The new programme is focused on creating engagement opportunities around the world for clients of all backgrounds.
To kick off the initiative, Pacific World has established a new structure of 30 product developers around the globe coordinated by Tania Pasi and Kathrin Ederer, global product development managers for the brand worldwide.
“The team monitors industry trends in different regions globally and the specific needs of meetings and events planners,” says Selina Chavry, global management director for Pacific World. “They will then design different experiences always highlighting the emotional values that will help engage the participants with the company and/or the destinations they are visiting.”
The team has already created a new roster of products including:
Go local – Immersive experiences where local tastemakers may have a leading role in the programs.
- Experience Seoul through the eyes of a street food vendor, and learn how to cook the tasty food found at the Gwangjang Market
- Culinary outings where local chefs in Barcelona and Rome, open their own residences to prepare meals and dine at their residences or businesses.
- Experience Hong Kong from the sky through the eyes of a famous Feng Shui master
- Discover the “Mystery Behind a Mask,” an immersion into the history and tradition of Venice’s Carnival, an experience designed and executed by the most famous Venetian mask maker.
Off the beaten track – Pacific World reveals new up-and-coming destinations for meetings, events and incentives
- China – South China: Yunnan - Shangri-La; North: Yangshuo – Guilin offering unique sceneries for incentives programs.
- Castelalfi – A medieval village in the heart of Tuscany ready to receive medium and small meetings and incentives.
- Thessaloniki – An attractive option for meetings in Greece offering good infrastructure for medium size conferences.
Engaging local communities – Pacific World has designed experiences that allow guests to engage with local communities and small NGOs to help with sustainable development and preserve the natural and cultural heritage of the destination.
- Cape Town – An immersion into Cape Town’s Masiphumelele community through the NGO work of Phumlani Dlongwana’s Bicycling Empowerment Network.
- Hong Kong – Discover the transition of Hong Kong’s living culture through the eyes of an elder guide.